Writing under the pseudonyms Lottie Phillips (romantic fiction) and Louise Stone (thrillers), I worked as a teacher before turning my hand to fiction. I was brought up in Africa and the Middle East and then – as an adult – travelled extensively before moving to London and finally settling in the Cotswolds with my son. When I’m not writing, you will find me scouring interior design magazines and shops, striving toward the distant dream of being a domestic goddess or having a glass of wine with country music turned up loud. As a child, I always had my nose in a book, in particular, Nancy Drew and Roald Dahl.
Ten things you may not know about me:
1. As a child, I was always reading: Nancy Drew, Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton. Loved them – still love them – all!
2. My tipple of choice is a dry white wine – if you’re asking.
3. I need to stop buying boots. I will. Not just yet.
4. I adore Country music.
5. I love dancing. On tables. Anywhere.
6. I’ve lived in many different countries: Africa, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Czech Republic, Hong Kong.
7. One day I will travel to Nashville, line-dance, wear a cowgirl hat and ride around in a pickup truck. See point 4.
8. I read all sorts of books but some of my favourite authors are: Helen Fielding, Amanda Jennings, Linwood Barclay, Claire Seeber, Harlan Coben, Lisa Gardner… The list is endless.
9. My bad writing habits: Twitter and rogue commas.
10. My good writing habits: sitting for long periods, professional tea drinker.